Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Folding Outfeed Table

Why did I wait so long?

I should have made one of these right after I got my saw, like ten years ago. I finally got around to making one a few months ago, and it is great. I used 2x4s and MDF, pocket-hole screws, some bolts to attach it to the rail on the back side of my saw, and a piano hinge so I could fold it down. I used some knobbed bolts to tighten the folding legs in place, and some adjustable feet to fine tune the height. For the most part, I leave the table up but I like being able to fold it down and free up some floor space when I need to. It sure is nice when you are cutting some long stock, and you don't have to worry about it falling on the floor.





You can download a Sketchup model of the construction here.

No comments:

Post a Comment